Saturday 16 April 2016

IN THE DAWN OF LIFE...

  They say age matters, well, it sure does. Especially when it comes upon how you're treated. Well, this thought struck me when I went for an evening stroll, amidst the busy city life. I happened to walk past a pale, old man who seemed rather helpless with his huge grocery bags, and fortunately enough, I knew him. I helped him with one of his bags as he hesitated to burden me with the other. A smile swept across his beautifully wrinkled face, and that made me feel a sense of satisfaction sweep across my heart.
   Moving on to the next episode that occurred during the stroll, a rather enthusiastic mother seemed to get her baby entertained, even when it lay lazily in her arms, with no spirited response. She asked the baby about the two songs papa loved, and with no keen response, or any sign of interest from the baby's side, the mother was compelled to voice out the songs herself !
  The fact that's bugging me is - why are the elderly left with no passionate love and care during the dawn of their lives, while the babies, who are yet to actually begin their lives, relish the warmth of affection ?! Yes, I agree that both these stages of life are of equal importance, but then in my opinion, they should be showered with equal patience and respect too.
  Its high time that we build up endurance and serve our seniors with equivalent compassion as they venture through the last stages of their lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment