Saturday 23 April 2016

A WORD WITH A SMILE !
  
  Just today, I happened to visit a supermarket filled with a considerably huge crowd. I have noticed it several times, and yet again, that whenever I enter a crowded place, my mind starts hindering in search of something to think about, I haven't come up with any conclusion onto why something as peculiar as this happens, but well, I suppose I'll have to live with the fact !
  As people loaded their trolleys with all sorts of stuff, I aimlessly wandered around the supermarket. When my father was done with the task of collecting basic groceries, a task I find rather tedious, we made our way towards the counter. As I lent a hand onto unloading our trolley, I caught myself observing a woman who had this painstaking job, which I found a little too boring to do all day long, the job of bagging items after they were billed. She seemed to be frowning about something, maybe about her job, or something that went wrong back at home. I thought of ways to make her day a little better. So I went right next to her and helped her bag our items, and as I hooked the bag onto my shoulder and prepared to leave, I smiled and uttered a word that actually brought a smile on her face, a word so precious that makes expressing gratitude a bit more effortless, undoubtedly, the word was 'Thank you'.
  Maybe I hadn't played any role in making her day better at all, but I'm sure she must have forgotten all the worries in the world for those few seconds in which she exhibited a rather pleasing smile. 
  Out there, you'd never know about the hardships people would be facing in order to survive, may it be a doorman or a lady who bags items, they silently and in an unobtrusive mode, help in making our lives evidently simpler, but quite often we fail in expressing our gratitude for their act. They live their lives doing jobs that often go unnoticed. But they too, as humans, need consideration, and a word as simple as 'Thank you', with a smile, goes a long way into making their jobs a bit noteworthy for them...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment